Monday, March 29, 2010

Feeling lots better, thank you!

The sore throat is gone though the cough lingers on. BUT, and this is neat, instead of hours of agonizing, muscle torquing, ear splitting hacking it has diminished to a quiet, "productive" *coff* which is actually not bad at all. Pretty amazing. One thing that seems to have really helped is from this site: http://www.earthclinic.com/index.html I was just scrolling down the opening page after copying the link for someone and ran across the words "asthmatic coughing" and saw a recommendation for flax seed tea as a remedy. Well, I like flax seed tea just fine anyway and have been meaning to add more flax to my diet so I took some ground flax seed, added very hot water, let it steep for a while and then drank it all down. And what a lovely quiet night I had, as did my Mom since I made her some, too. I had some more today and again, little coughing except for the occasional *coff.* Very neat!

Now I don't know for sure if that's what eased my cough but I'm happy to try it again as it's harmless, in fact very good for me in a number of ways. Flax is well known for its high omega 3 oils and stomach soothing properties, among other good things, along side of which I've never heard anything bad about flax, have you? That's not a rhetorical question- if you have heard something bad about flax, please let me know. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's perfectly safe. I know someone who is terribly allergic to stevia, for example.

It's getting late so in my quest to get my health seriously back on track I'm heading off for bed at the reasonable hour of 11 pm as opposed to the usual midnight, 1 am or even later. I've been aiming for this the last few nights and while I've missed the actual minute by a few here and there, over-all I've done pretty well- and I like it, so, good night!

No comments: